The Hôtel de Paris Monte-Carlo is a luxurious palace located in the famous Casino square in Monaco, in the heart of Monte-Carlo in front of the Café de Paris.
As the Hôtel Hermitage, the Monte-Carlo Beach and the Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel & Resort, the Hotel of Paris belongs to the prestigious Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer (SBM). The Hôtel de Paris states in the Principality of Monaco legend since 1864. It was inaugurated by Charles III, Prince of Monaco.
Furthermore to its sumptuous architecture and the abundance of its setup, the Hôtel de Paris overflows through treasures :
- The most important private wine cellar of the world : about 480.000 bottles are carefully stored over an area of 220,000 sqm (2,368,000 sqft) all hand-dug 15 meters below grade.
- The equestrian statue of Louis XIV. This is said, that its right knee gives some luck in games.
- The amazing Salle Empire with its “Grand Siècle” background.
For more than a century, the Hôtel de Paris echoes the art of living on the French Riviera. We may meet the quintessence of the sophisticated luxury and service perfection when passing through the common parts, seeking shelter on your room or suite, dining in one of the restaurants, or relaxing on the terrace.
A battalion of craftsmen expertly orchestrates this symphony.
The aura of the Hôtel de Paris is international. So as the aura of its cuisine :
- In 1987, Rainier III Prince of Monaco designated Alain Ducasse to create “Le Louis XV” gastronomic restaurant. Three years later, he picked up its Third Star at the Michelin Guide. The set is equal to its distinction. The cuisine is set up in a decoration made of frescoes, woodwork, gildings and crystal chandeliers.
- The incredible Salle Empire and its “Grand Siècle” background with its terrace for galas of exception surrounded by marble columns and surmounted by exquisitely carved moldings. Or the American Bar overlooking the Place of the Casino.
During the Formula 1 Grand Prix of Monaco, the Hôtel de Paris enjoys a privileged perspective. Half of the racing circuit is visible. The hotel overhangs the Casino de Monte-Carlo, the issue of Loews tunnel and the whole Monaco marina.
The Hôtel de Paris, as well as the Hôtel Hermitage, have access to the Thermes Marins Monte-Carlo Wellness Center.
The Hôtel de Paris Monaco is located only 27 km from the Nice-Côte d’Azur international airport via the A6 motorway or within 7 minutes by helicopter.
Several films were shot at the hotel, for example :
- The very beginning of “The Persuaders” with Tony Curtis and Roger Moore.
- “Hors de Prix” of Pierre Salvadori, starring Audrey Tautou and Gad Elmaleh in 2006.
- “La Fille de Monaco” of Anne Fontaine with Fabrice Luchini and Louise Bourgoin in 2008.
- “Iron Man 2” of Jon Favreau starring Robert Downey Jr and Scarlett Johansson in 2010.
- “Monte-Carlo” of Thomas Bezucha with Selena Gomez.