Things to do in Sweden
Sweden is a place where you will enjoy all the possibilities around nature :
- Boat trip : take a boat to navigate around the multiple islands of Stockholm city center.
- Fishing : with all the lakes and coastline available in Sweden, it is kind of paradise for fishermen.
- Skiing : one hour and a half by plane from Stockholm, you can find a lot of skiing slopes in central Sweden.
Cultural events in Sweden
- Nobel prize award : every year, around 10 of December, Nobel prizes are awarded to key people that made exceptional contribution in specific areas (physics, chemistry, medicine, literature, peace and economics).
- Christmas season : starts every year on December 13th with Saint Lucia day and ends on January 13th with Hilarymas, includes a lot of celebrations with food.
Sports competitions in Sweden
Half of Swedish are practising a sport. Handball, golf and football are very popular in Sweden. Winter sports are also very important for people there with a big focus on the Ice Hockey men national team.
Best time to visit Sweden
Winter is usually very cold in Sweden with quite some snow and very limited daylight time, especially in the Northern part of Sweden. Summer is the best time to visit the North of Sweden with the midnight Sun (the sun never fully sets in this part of Sweden during Summer). April to September are pretty nice for the Southern part.
Useful links about Sweden
Our selection of websites to learn more about Sweden :