Things to do in Switzerland
- Leman lake : next to Geneva, it is always nice to walk on the banks of the lake. While sailing on the lake, you can admire the nice panorama around it with the Alps.
- Geneva Water Jet : the famous water jet reaches 140 meters. It was originally used as a security measure for excess water pressure from a nearby factory but stayed while it became an attraction and the emblem of Geneva.
Cultural events in Switzerland
- Montreux Jazz Festival : in July every year, it is one of the largest jazz festival in the world. It includes live performances of jazz, rock and blues artists.
- Art Basel : contemporary and modern art exhibition happening in June featuring a selection of art works from hundreds of best galleries around the world.
Sports competitions in Switzerland
- Weltklasse Zurich (athletics) : IAAF Diamond League competition where all athletes are competing in September.
- St Moritz White Turf (horse riding) : every year, in February, horse races are set on a snow track with the nice mountains as background.
Best time to visit Switzerland
If you want to practice snow sports like skiing or snowboarding in Switzerland, then you will want to get there between December and March with best spots in St Moritz and Gstaad.
For sightseeing, the best period is the Summer months between June and September where you can enjoy the mountains and practice hiking.
Useful links about Switzerland
Our selection of websites to learn more about France :