Belgium is a country in the western part of Europe, nested between Holland and France. Belgium includes two main regions : Flanders on the northern part of the country and Wallonia in the southern part.
Things to do in Belgium
- Antwerp : world capital of diamonds featuring a diamond museum as well as a lot of craftsmen such gem cutters and polishers.
- Bruges : medieval city well known for its canals.
- Brussels : famous for the Mannaken-Pis peeing statue and the Grand Place.
Belgium is also great for chocolates addicts with an extensive local production. If you get there, you also need to try the famous mussels with fries (Moules Frites in French) together with a local beer.
Cultural events in Belgium
Several events are taking place every year in Belgium :
- Carnival : between February and March, a big parade and fireworks are organised in Brussels but also others towns such as Binche.
- Beer Festival : in September in Brussels, this is the opportunity to discover the Belgian beer tradition and celebrate it in a festive atmosphere.
Best time to visit Belgium
Belgium climate is moderate. It is never too cold or too hot in Belgium but you can experience heavy rain there. It isn’t uncommon to see snow during Winter. The Summer period is quite crowded, especially on the coast. The Summer period is the best time to visit Belgium.
Useful links about Belgium
Our selection of websites to learn more about Belgium :