The Mandarin Oriental is the new luxury hospitality prestigious address within the heart of Paris. This luxury hotel has been established in the famous Saint Honoré street (1st arrondissement, on the right bank of the Seine), well known for the Haute Couture shops across the world. The hotel is not far from the Vendome square and its jewelers, the Tuileries garden, the Louvre museum, the Palais Royal and the Opera Garnier square. Then, it is 10 minutes from the Champs Elysées, 45 minutes away from Charles de Gaulle airport and 40 minutes from Orly airport.
Built in 2011 by the architect Jean-Michel Wilmotte, this five star property fits into the luxurious saga of the Mandarin Oriental hotel group. The modern chic goes wonderfully with Art Deco details with Asian touches.
The 99 rooms and 39 suites are among the most spacious in the capital city. Some have a terrace and a view over monuments such as Montmartre, La Madeleine church or the Eiffel Tower. Based on the category, various exposures are available : Saint Honoré street side or patio side. Suites guests will enjoy a panoramic view with the Opera and the Eiffel Tower. The penthouse “J’Aime Paris” offers 402 sqm (4,327 sqft) of pure luxury : unobstructed view over Paris skyline, 3 bathrooms with that includes a hammam, a spacious living room, a kitchen and 3 bedrooms. Guest rooms are decorated with art work.
Several taste experiences are available at the Parisian palace Mandarin Oriental :
- Le Sur Mesure, haute couture French cuisine gastronomic restaurant where taste, view and hearing are highlighted. The decoration designed by Patrick Jouin is unique. Textures and shades of white have been set to create the idea of a restaurant in the cloud. Le Sur Mesure has been awarded 2 stars by the Michelin Guide.
- The restaurant Le Camélia serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Japanese specialties are available at the breakfast. It is there that the landscaped garden with its parquet and nature stone floors. During summer, a unique culinary experience : The Chef’s Table. 6 to 8 guests taste Chef Thierry Marx creations in a setting suspended in greenery.
- The incredible Bar 8 has a spectacular background to sip delicious cocktails or have a light meal. Walls are dressed with wood sprinkled with crystal jewelry signed by Lalique. The central bar, all in marble, and the gilded ceiling finish this sophisticated environment.
- To enjoy a sweet time : the Cake Shop to taste in the afternoon beautiful desserts created by highly qualified master pastry chefs, to celebrate the patron saint that gave its name to the street and the haute couture that best represents it today.
The enchantment doesn’t stop here… In order to forget material concerns, The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, with its holistic approach, invites in a 900 sqm (9,687 sqft) sanctuary dedicated to the pleasure of the senses :
- 4 single suites with steam shower and private changing facilities, 3 suites for couples with steam shower, private changing facilities and revitalizing pool.
- one herbal hammam
- a superb indoor swimming pool, 14 meters long, surrounded by seats and cushions.
- a fitness center
This wonderful spa is a true haven of peace where the upscale customers of the property like traveling for a relax moment of time. Resourcing is complete.
The Mandarin Oriental belongs to the exclusive circle of Parisian palaces like the Royal Monceau and the George V next to the Arc de Triomphe, the Ritz and the Park Hyatt Paris close to the place Vendôme and the Meurice, rue de Rivoli, next to the place de la Concorde, the Bristol, rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré, two steps from l’Elysée, the Shangri-La next to the Trocadero and the Plaza Athénée.